It’s safe to say that if you’re living in the 21st century, even if you're “anti-social media,” you’ve seen or heard of YouTube, Facebook Live, Snapchat and Instagram Stories, just to name a few.
Over the last couple of years, video marketing has seen tremendous growth. No, we aren’t referring to cat videos and cute babies. We’re referring to the visually pleasing phenomenon that is taking place. A large contributor to this phenomenon is YouTube. Did you know that YouTube is now the second largest search engine on the web? Yes, you read that correctly.
Quite often if you don’t know how to do something or if you need information NOW, the quick response you will hear is “Google it” OR “You can find that on YouTube.” The world is continuing to transform digitally at lightning speed whether you like it or not. At PPA Graphics, we understand, that any type of change can be overwhelming and keeping up with constant change can be hard. With that being stated though, the importance of video in 2017 is very important for you and your business to understand.
With mobile technology continuing to improve, this has enabled widespread video consumption — available at the snap of your fingers. According to Insivia, a strategic consulting firm, one-third of all online activity is spent watching video. Are you shocked by that statistic or are you part of the one-third?
Here are a few other statistics from Social Media Today that prove videos are a must for driving leads.
- The average user is exposed to 32.3 videos in a month
- 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad this month
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week
- In 2017, online video will account for 74% of all web traffic
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video
- 500 million people are watching Facebook videos every day
- Snapchatters watch 10 billion videos a day
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch video
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%
Clearly, video is a stronghold that will continue to thrive and grow. The statistics speak for themselves. There are other highly effective reasons for making video part of your marketing landscape as well. Videos are dominating search engines. According to Comscore, adding a video to your website can increase the chance of a front page Google result by 53 times.
Video also increases:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Consumer attention
- Higher engagement
- Stronger emotional connections
- Increased customer conversions
If video isn’t part of your strategy this year, hopefully you can now see the priority it should hold in your business and where it fits within your marketing plan. From product demonstrations to customer testimonials, video adds another dimension to showcase your company, employees, products and services.
PPA Graphics can help you make those connections with video services for websites, corporate presentations or TV.
Check out our latest video testimonial from Brian LaBair, with Vega Helmet Corporation as an example of PPA’s capabilities.