To say that advertising has evolved over the years is an understatement.
Today, digital advertising is all about leveraging the Internet and its properties to deliver consumers instant promotions on various channels. We live in a technology driven society where we pinpoint a need or want and expect instant delivery. Unlike traditional advertising, digital advertising is more universal and flexible which allows your brand’s story to be told through channels that your buyers frequent the most.
Digital ads are now everywhere. They can be seen on websites, mobile phones, social media and even on your smart watch. Due to the amount of digital ads available, it’s incredibly important that your content be useful and engaging. You may think advertising has come a long way but we are actually in the beginning stages. The momentum of digital advertising will continue to evolve, which is why it’s so important to start incorporating a strategy now as part of your marketing mix.
The ability that businesses now have to target large audiences in a personal way has never been more important. Here’s why:
1. We live in a buyer obsessed digital world.
- Buyers are fully immersed in digital and consumption has hit an all-time high.
2. Businesses now have greater capabilities to target specific audiences in real-time.
- Two words—marketing automation. Businesses can now target the exact audience that’s most likely to purchase your product.
3. The availability of persona-based data enables seamless personalization.
- Personalization of ads based on who your buyer is, their behavior and demographics has never been easier for businesses to target with today’s powerful marketing data-based tools.
The recent and rapid evolution of digital advertising has also allowed businesses and marketers alike to witness the digital buyer. What do we mean by that? Today’s buyer is tech savvy, sophisticated and demands to be informed and even entertained. If businesses come across as remotely boring, boom—you’re out. First impressions that engage the buyer more than likely will equal a loyal customer.
- Buyers are more informed.
- Buyers have high expectations.
Due to the abundance of information available for buyers, the amount of product information available is massive. This provides buyers with instant knowledge and buyers often form an opinion of a brand before they ever interact with you directly.
It’s an exciting time to be a marketer but it’s also challenging. Many of the traditional advertising methods are no longer sufficient. Businesses must shift the way they engage with customers across digital and online channels. To do this successfully, businesses must learn persona marketing so that every customer is personally engaged with your digital efforts.