Inbound marketing is incredibly effective for earning the attention of customers.
This is achieved through quality content and social media. Since 2006, inbound marketing has been the most effective marketing method for doing business online. Instead of the old methods of outbound marketing which focused on buying ads, email lists and praying for leads, inbound marketing focuses on generating quality content that pulls people toward your company or product. By aligning the content you publish with your customer’s interests, you naturally attract inbound traffic that you can convert, close and delight over time. For many companies, though, there’s still a place for outbound marketing tactics like print advertising and broadcasting.
The key is understanding how valuable a marketing strategy can be when your inbound and outbound efforts go hand-in-hand. Let’s look at a few statistics that specify how online and offline marketing channels can work together.
- 84% of Internet users worldwide watch videos online.
- More than half of millennials watch TV shows on a tablet, desktop computer or smartphone.
- Despite the digital age we’re in, 59% of U.S. music listeners listen to traditional or online radio and it drives 5.8% of U.S. retail sales.
- 69% of adults still trust their local newspapers and it is estimated that 54% of customers are more likely to buy a new product when learning about it from a newspaper or magazine.
- 43% of businesses also rely on newspapers for local promotions.
We’re always connected. Therefore, the point of sale can be anywhere a potential customer can get an Internet connection. So now more than ever, there are plenty of great reasons for supporting offline advertising efforts with a digital marketing campaign.