Video has become a vital part of the online experience and is expected to grow exponentially into 2016.
So, do you have a plan to execute video content in your marketing strategy? Some businesses don’t know where to begin and often see sorting out and generating topics a pain, not to mention how to complete the videos on time and within budget. Rest assured it can be done.
PPA Graphics will break down trends to watch for, rules for implementation, and stats to back up why incorporating video content is crucial for the New Year.
We often look at data from Facebook as it tends to portray a story that allows us to visually see the future of digital. CEO Mark Zuckerburg stated that Facebook is generating 8 billion video views per day. Insane, right? Even more data from Facebook is available and tells us that the number of video posts has increased 94% in the United States and 75% globally. We’ve all seen video from people we follow, brands and re-targeted Google ads in our timeline. Those sightings have increased 3.7 times year-over-year. Lastly, more than 50% of people who visit Facebook every single day watch at least one video.
The Snapchat craze launched in 2011 but by November 2015 the app’s users were reaching 6 billion videos per day. The era of social video is here and it’s going to impact your social media strategy, whether you like it or not.
In 2015, marketers witnessed video becoming more engaging for target audiences and a great outlet to capture the attention of consumers in a very crowded market.
This year alone we learned:
- The play button became the most compelling call to action.
- Video became one of the top strategies for marketers focused on lead generation.
- More businesses are creating videos and incorporating analytics with their marketing automation platforms.
So what can businesses expect in this ongoing, ever-changing digital world? We have 4 reasons why a video budget in 2016 is crucial:
1) According to a report by Cisco, by 2019 video will account for 80% of global Internet traffic and nearly a million minutes of video will be shared every second. This means we can expect video to play a larger role in the customer’s journey through:
- Customer testimonials
- Demo videos
- How-to videos demonstrating how your product meets the customer’s need
2) Many businesses are under pressure to prove ROI.
- Video analytics are becoming more and more precise.
- Measuring video success against text-based content is easier.
- Video analysis tools will continue to evolve proving the reason for investment in video production is necessary.
- Video analysis is giving businesses more opportunities than ever to learn about customers and the sales funnel making for more powerful, rich, appealing content.
3) Google feeds off of visual, valuable content.
- Google is continually rewarding sites that understand the meaning of valuable content.
- The days when businesses used to pay for links are gone. Your budget should now reflect creating meaningful content which users can view and stay away from typical link-building strategies.
- Video has the potential to result, and already has, in more high-quality traffic and sales.
- MOZ reported that one of their company’s clients saw a 135% increase in the number of pages gaining traffic via search, with a 98% increase in overall organic traffic.
4) It may be obvious but worth stating again, mobile will continue to skyrocket.
- There are currently 3.65 billion unique mobile users in the world.
- Mobile is a must for marketing budgets and strategies.
- Embedded videos and responsive design will become standard and expected by consumers.
Deciding which videos to produce and how to get the most from them may be a tough decision and businesses may not know where to begin, but the good news is it can be done and done with budget at the forefront.
To learn more about how PPA Graphics can help, email or contact us today. Happy video production!